How to Prepare Appetizing White vegetable soup
White vegetable soup.
You can have White vegetable soup using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White vegetable soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 stick of leek.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion.
White vegetable soup instructions
- melt butter in medium saucepan.
- add diced onion and cook on medium heat until they begin to clear.
- add 1cup of stock, (whichever kind you prefer) and return to simmer.
- add cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces.
- add 3 to 5 cups stock, (some may like more broth and some less, so add to your preference) return to simmer.
- add salt to taste.
- clean leek under water and peel off three outer layers.
- chop the heart of the leek into 1/2 inch pieces and add to soup.
- you can add turnips, potatoes, cabbage, etc to taste. I prefer cabbage..
- continue to cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts and or chives. Great brothy soup for a cold, or a cold day!.