Recipe: Tasty "Faked" Potato Soup
"Faked" Potato Soup.
You can cook "Faked" Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Faked" Potato Soup
- It’s 1 of large head cauliflower.
- It’s 5 of shallots.
- It’s 1 of stalk celery.
- It’s 1 of small carrot.
- Prepare 1 of half a poblano pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of box of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of bacon to taste.
- Prepare 1 of bunch of scallions.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper & Cajun seasoning to taste.
- You need 2 of Tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of for garnish I like grated cheddar, sour cream, bacon crumbles and green onion..
"Faked" Potato Soup step by step
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium/high heat..
- Rough chop all the veggies except the bay leaf, and saute with Cajun seasoning to taste, until softened..
- Add a little bacon for flavor:).
- Add your stock and bay leaf and bring too a boil..
- Boil for 10 minutes..
- Remove bay leaf and carefully puree soup in batches. Be sure to cover blender lid with a towel to prevent explosions;).
- Once pureed, add back to cooking pot and simmer..
- Add cream and stir well..
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes. Add some more bacon and chopped green onion..
- If too thick, you can thin out with more stock, or cream. Serve and enjoy:).