Recipe: Yummy Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup.
You can have Creamy Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of stalk celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 8 oz of package of mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 of sprigs thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Creamy Mushroom Soup step by step
- Chop up your onions, celery, garlic, cauliflower so it's ready. Wash your mushrooms in a colinder..
- Heat butter on low temperature. When butter is bubbly, add mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook a good 15 minutes (on low). The mushrooms will initially give off a good bit of juice – the key to this recipe is letting them slow cook and for that juice to cook off..
- Add onions and cook another 5 minutes on low, until translucent..
- Add garlic, green onions, and celery. Cook another 3 minutes..
- Add thyme, cauliflower, chicken broth, vegetable broth and let it all simmer on low for about 40 minutes. Check on it every now and then to make sure nothing crazy is happening..
- Remove sprigs of thyme, and use a hand blender or food processor and give everything a good mix. You don't want baby food, there should still be some nice chunks of mushrooms in there. Add milk and let everything simmer another 5 minutes or so to blend together..
- Serious yumsters..