Recipe: Delicious Spicy Green Lentil and Garden Pea Soup
Spicy Green Lentil and Garden Pea Soup. Split pea and lentil soup is so comforting on a chilly day. It's perfect served with a crispy salad and a chunk of crispy whole grain bread. Warming Beet, Pea, and Lentil Winter Soup (Gluten Free, Vegan)moonandspoonandyum.com.
Serve this as a snack or as a Random Recipes. Handvo – Baked Spicy Lentil Cake. Watch How to Make it Here. You can have Spicy Green Lentil and Garden Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Green Lentil and Garden Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 can of Green Lentils.
- Prepare 400 Grams of Fresh Garden Peas.
- Prepare 1 of small packet of Mange Toute Peas.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- You need 200 Mls of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Dried Mint.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 2-3 Teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 2-3 Teaspoons of Dried Coriander.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
This bright soup is great in both warmer or colder months. Try it cold, as a gazpacho in the summer, or have it simmering away on the stove during the winter. It's a deliciously cozy way of getting some greens. This amazing green lentil soup recipe is bursting with rich and bold flavors from ground spices, coconut milk, and ghee!
Spicy Green Lentil and Garden Pea Soup step by step
- Steam (or boil), the Garden Peas, Mange Tout peas, and the diced Onion, until soft( about 10-15 minutes..
- Drain the Green Lentils and add. Blitz with a hand whisk to a smooth paste, Adding a small amount of Coconut Milk at a time..
- Add the herbs and spices one at a time, checking taste in between blitzing, to make sure it is ok for your tastebuds..
- Finally, bring back to a gentle boil for about 5-10 minutes to heat up the added ingredients and let the flavours develop..
- Serve with bread, or crackers, of choice. Enjoy!.
My mom makes one of my favorite lentil soups ever. It is Italian-icized (as is the case with most of my family's dishes) with the addition of leftover parmigiano-reggiano rinds in the. Follow this simple, nourishing soup with a savory mushroom and onion omelet or a wrap sandwich. Carry the comfort food theme through dessert with these dairy-free oatmeal raisin cookies with chocolate and nuts. I think its delicious and it looks so pretty in a white bowl.