Chicken Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Today's Chicken Minestrone Soup is a comforting variation of the traditional vegetarian Italian Minestrone Soup.
This version calls for broth as well as chicken breasts for extra. This Minestrone soup is one of our favorite soups, and we are soup lovers. You could try beef minestrone soup, chicken minestrone soup, or even homemade minestrone soup with sausage. You can cook Chicken Minestrone Soup using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Minestrone Soup
- It’s of Step one.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1/2 of each chopped onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of each chopped carrots.
- It’s of Step two.
- It’s 1/2 of dry pint Cherry tomatoes-diced or 1 -14. 5 ounce can of diced.
- It’s 1/2 of habanero pepper finely chopped (optional… we like it spicy:).
- Prepare 1/4 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- You need 1/4 of yellow bell pepper small dice.
- You need 4 ounces of diced cooked chicken.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of each potato -small diced.
- Prepare 2 quarts of chicken broth (stock).
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need Pinch of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dry basil.
- You need of Step three.
- Prepare 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of (14 ouces +/-) white kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 3-4 of asparagus stalks cut thinly on a bias.
- It’s 1 of scallion cut on a bias –added as 2 minutes before the soup is done.
This soup will thicken in the refrigerator as the residual heat of the broth continues to cook the vegetables and they release their starches, so stir in another splash of broth. Classic Italian minestrone soup is a colorful mix of vegetables, beans, fresh herbs, and Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity. And this chicken minestrone with zucchini noodles is a great example of why anyone eating Paleo Starting in late fall, I take to making soups. The colder it gets, the more I make soup.
Chicken Minestrone Soup step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots; sauté for 4 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, tomato paste, potato, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are barely tender..
- Add the macaroni,white kidney beans broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes more. Adjust as needed seasoning..
- Add the scallions 2 minutes before the soup is done..
Chicken Minestrone Soup recipe: Try this Chicken Minestrone Soup recipe, or contribute your own. In soup pot, saute chicken in oil. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Lots of fresh vegetables and elbow macaroni in a hearty chicken stock are the stars of this standard minestrone. The recipe calls for only minced garlic, dried parsley, and salt for seasoning.