Cheddar Cauliflower Soup.
You can cook Cheddar Cauliflower Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 medium of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 medium of head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces.
- Prepare 4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 5 1/2 oz of sharp white cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 of coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, grated.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup step by step
- melt butter in large pot over medium. add onion and cook, stirring occaisionally until soft. add cauliflower and cook until just beginning to brown. add broth and 1 cup water, bring to a boil over high. reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender. transfer mixture to a large bowl. add grated carrots..
- in batches, fill a blender half way with mixture and puree until smooth (use caution). return pureed soup to pot and add more broth or water if thinner consistency is desired. heat over medium until warmed through. add cheese and stir until melted. season with salt and pepper. serve sprinkled with cayenne pepper..
- 212 calories per serving. 16 g fat (10 g sat fat), 12 g protein, 8 g carb, 3 g fiber.