Recipe: Delicious Tomato Basil Soup
Tomato Basil Soup.
You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- You need 600 grams of Firm Tomatoes.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of packed Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 1 Cup of low sodium Veg Broth.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn Slurry Or Low fat Coconut Milk – Optional.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice tomatoes and garlic cloves into halves. Add them to bowl. Season them with Salt,pepper and olive Oil.
- Place them on baking tray and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes and garlic cloves until smooth and lump free.
- Add basil leaves and blend well.
- Add these mixture to deep bottom vessel.
- Add Oregano, Salt and Veg broth. Mix well. Quantity of broth depends on how thick or thin soup you want.
- Cook over low medium heat for 15 minutes.
- If you wish to have creamier soup,add corn slurry now. Instead of corn slurry if you wish to add coconut milk or low fat cream, then add them towards the end. This is entirely optional step. If adding it, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- You can always add any other seasonings if you desire.
- Serve hot. I have used Chia seeds and basil leaves to garnish..