Easiest Way to Make Yummy Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯
Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯. Tom yum or tom yam is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. The words "tom yam" are derived from two Thai words.
Simple to make using whole fresh OR peeled frozen prawns / shrimp, this is astonishingly easy to make once. Tom yum goong translates to an easy and authentic Thai spicy shrimp soup made with lemongrass, galangal, mushrooms, and fish sauce. Add the mushrooms, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar, and stir until the sugar dissolves. You can have Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯
- It’s 2-3 spoons of tom yum paste.
- It’s 1 pc of Fresh Thai Galangal Ginger.
- Prepare 4 sticks of lemongrass.
- It’s 1-4 of chilli peppers.
- You need 1 spoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 8-10 pcs of Lime Leaves.
- Prepare of Straw Mushrooms preferred or fan mushrooms.
- It’s of Fresh Shrimps/Clams/ Mussels/Scallops.
- Prepare of Cherry Tomatoes Preferred or Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of small can of coconut milk (optional).
- Prepare of Coriander (optional).
Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with. Authentic recipe for this famous Thai soup: Tom Yum Goong. Recipe from Pailin of Hot Thai Kitchen. Once the soup comes back to a boil, add the shrimp and when the soup just starts to bubble again, turn off the heat.
Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 step by step
- Ingredients. Sadly i cant get any cherry tomatoes, coriander and straw mushrooms which i would preferred. Will give another update if i cook it again..
- Clean those shrimp then take out those intestines before cooking and save up those shells and heads for the soup base. I would usually throw in those shrimp heads liquid into the broth also but some might think its disgusting so u can rinse it out if preferred..
- Around 1.5L to 2.5L of water depending how much u want, then boil the water together with the shells and heads for around 10 mins. Scoop out those shells and heads..
- During the processof the broth i would chop up other ingredients. For lazy folks like me i would just cut up those lemongrass vertically 6 cuts. Some would do it diagonally so up to you..
- When broth is ready throw in the mushrooms, lemongrass, chilli and ginger and boil for 10 mins in boosting the flavours out in High Heat. Then add in 1 spoon of Fish Sauce together with the Tom Yum Paste for a min. Taste test which you could taste the salt together with the paste but little bland. Dont be greedy or its gonna be very salty so do taste test while cooking coz the flavours will come out after 2 mins. Add in Coconut Milk if you have to get that creamy texture (i have left this out).
- Add Paste if still bland then add in Lime Leaves for a min then add the shrimp in Mid Heat. Shrimps/Seafood will cook within 1 min so do it at the end..
- After a min Switch Heat off, Squeeze in those Lime juice (DO NOT add Lime Juice while cooking or it will go bitter) throw in tomatoes and Corianders Mix Well. Serve Hot. Done..
Let the residual heat of the soup cook the shrimp completely, another. 因此，「tom yum」這兩個詞的結合等於將東西混合，然後烹煮的意思。 取決於你想煮什麼菜，製作冬陰的關鍵食材通常包括檸檬草、南薑（galangal）和泰國青檸（kaffir lime）來增加 在「Tom Yam」後面添加「goong」（蝦）這個詞，這樣就是甜、酸、辣蝦湯的意思。 Tom Yum Goong is one of the most well-known Thai recipes, and I have the BEST and most authentic Tom Yum recipe for you. Not to mention how easy it is to make. Goong means "shrimp" in Thai, as the soup is usually made with shrimp. You can also make it with seafood such as squid or a combination. Tom Yum Goong is voted one of the most delicious and most favorite dishes among both foreigners and Thais.