South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower.
You can cook South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ceylon cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric (haldi).
- You need 3 of dried red Indian chilis.
- You need 1 of handful curry leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 3 medium of Indian green chilis.
- Prepare 3 small of Indian green chiles.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut, dried or powder.
- It’s 1 lb of dried split peas.
- It’s 5 of plum tomatoes, diced.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped into florets.
- Prepare 10 cup of water.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower step by step
- Heat the oil on low in an 8 qt pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and salt as the base.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the mix.
- When the mixture cooks down a pit, add the tomatoes and peas.
- Cook the mixture for a minute or two to soften the tomato, and then add the cauliflower florets.
- Add the water.
- Seal and bring to pressure, holding at pressure for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let settle 10 more minutes..
- Cool and depressurize the pressure cooker by running under cold water..
- Stir and mix in cilantro.
- Salt to taste and serve, keeping in mind that pea soup starts off thin and thickens substantially over time. If the mixture becomes too thick, ad water and salt as desired..