Creamy Tomato and Cauliflower Soup.
You can cook Creamy Tomato and Cauliflower Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato and Cauliflower Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of of a large head of cauliflower chopped into small pieces(I had roughly 4 cups).
- You need 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of cans of diced tomatoes(14 oz).
- You need 1/3 cup of basil, chopped or torn into small pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of plain greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of good quality shaved or grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of croutons.
Creamy Tomato and Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Melt butter in a large pot and add onion and garlic. Sauteed for about 5 minutes until onion in soft and semi translucent. Next add cauliflower and toss with onions. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Pour in the chicken stock and fit the pot with a lid. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. The cauliflower should be softened. Add tomatoes with their juice and cook another 10 minutes..
- Turn down the heat to low and add all remaining ingredients except croutons and Parmesan for topping. Heat for another 5 minutes stirring to blend all ingredients..
- Using an emulsion blender(or a regular blender in batches) cream all ingredients so you have a silky, creamy soup without any chunks of cauliflower. Garnish with croutons and Parmesan. Enjoy!!.