You can have Cauliflower Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Soup
- You need 1 of Cauliflower.
- It’s 8 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Leek.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 4 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sherry vinegar or white vinegar.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Minced chives.
Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Pull off outer leaves of cauliflower and trim stem. Using paring knife cut around core to remove thinly slice core and reserve. Cut heaping 1 cup of 1/2 inch florets from head of cauliflower set aside. Cut remaining cauliflower crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over low medium heat. Add leek, onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook stirring frequently until leek and onion are softened but not browned. About 7minutes..
- Increase heat to medium high. Add 4 1/2 cups water, sliced core and half sliced cauliflower. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add remaining sliced cauliflower return to simmer and continue to cook until cauliflower is tender and crumbles easily 15-20 minutes longer..
- While soup simmers melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in 8 inch skillet over medium heat. Add reserved florets and cook stirring frequently until florets are golden brown and butter is browned and imparts nutty aroma 6-8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat ams use slotted spoon to transfer florets to small bowl. Toss florets with vinegar and season with salt to taste. Pour browned butter in skillet into small bowl and reserve for garnish..
- Process soup in blender about 45 seconds. Rinse out pan. Return puréed soup to pan and return to simmer over medium heat adjusting consistency with remaining water as needed. Would should have a thick velvety texture but should be thin enough to settle with flat surface after being stirred and seasoning with salt to taste. Serve garnishing individual. Owls with browned florets. Drizzle of browned butter and chives and seasoning pepper to taste..