Recipe: Appetizing Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup
Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup.
You can have Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bacon.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need 4 large of Yukon gold potatoes or baby red potatoes, skins on, cut into chunks.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- It’s 3 cup of whole milk or half and half.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, 15 oz, drain ( opt ).
Mark's Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup instructions
- Render bacon in oil slowly in a stockpot to get bacon grease. Add onions. Add salt and pepper. Cook on medium low heat until onions are translucent..
- Add potatoes. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil. Then turn down to a simmer. Cook potatoes till almost done..
- Add cauliflower. Add enough water to barely cover veggies. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. Simmer for thirty minutes..
- Add milk. Blend until smooth or desired consistency. We use a boat motor blender (emulsion blender). Add corn. Add nutmeg. Simmer for ten minutes. Add butter..
- You can drizzle some olive oil and cracked black pepper on top when serving..