Recipe: Tasty Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup. Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup. "This soup is a variation of one I tried at a restaurant. Even people who hate cauliflower love it!" I used fresh cauliflower and carrots from my garden and added some cooked chicken. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the soup pot along with the vegetable broth.
Then I cooked everything in some veggie stock for even more flavour, blended the soup to creamy perfection and added nutritional yeast for that vegan cheese flavour we all know and love. Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil. It would also be great with flavored croutons, fresh chopped chives, a little diced cooked bacon, or a swirl of sour cream or roasted red pepper puree. You can have Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- You need 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes.
- It’s 4 cups of vegtable roth.
- You need 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Fresh cracked pepper.
- You need 8 oz of shedded medium cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 of green onions.
Cheesy cauliflower potato soup is an easy, gluten free one pot dinner made in your Instant Pot. Enjoy the rich flavor of creamy potato, cheese and bacon with Cauliflower is replacing a good amount the potatoes in this potato and cauliflower soup. So it is LOWER carb than potato soup. cauliflower. You won't find an easier Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe!
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup step by step
- Dice onion and add to soup pot along with minced garlic and olive oil. Saute until the onion is soft.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the pot along with vegetable broth. Place a lid on top, turn tge heat to high and bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are extremely soft.
- Add evaporated milk to soup. Use immersion blender to puree mixture..
- Once soup is pureed, season with smoked paprika, salt and fresh cracked pepper (10-15 cranks).
- Heat soup to add cheese, one handful at a time until fully melted..
- Serve with sliced green onions for an added pop of flavor..
Just throw a small handful of ingredients in the crockpot, and a few hours later you're done! This soup goes so well served in a bread bowl, just like some of our other favorites including broccoli potato soup and cauliflower soup. Cheesy Cauliflower SoupA cheesy play on the cauliflower soup my mom has always made. Craving a cozy potato soup recipe? Our Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Chowder recipe to the rescue!