How to Make Perfect Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup. Cauliflower, potatoes and carrots are cooked with garlic in chicken broth, pureed, then combined with milk, spices and a bit of sherry in this basic cream of cauliflower soup. This mildly cheesy cauliflower soup is a favorite of mine. I make it often in summer, although it's good anytime.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe is made with healthier ingredients, it's quick and easy to make, and it is so comforting and tasty! Learn how to make a Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe! Enjoy this easy Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Bacon Gremolata Recipe! You can have Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of thyme chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese (any type) I used double cheddar.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare Dash of salt.
- You need of Chili peppers (Optional for a kick).
- You need of Chives (Optional for color).
Creamed Cauliflower with Shrimp and Truffle-scented Pine NutsRecetas del Señor Señor. Try cooking this cream of cauliflower soup for a quick and warming lunchtime meal. This creamy cauliflower mash makes a perfect low-carb stand-in for mashed potatoes. Here we take simple mashed cauliflower and mix in garlic, buttermilk and a touch of butter to create a flavorful side.
Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup instructions
- Prep your cauliflower into small pieces removing leaves & stock.
- Pour olive oil in medium pot with garlic and saute for few minutes then add chicken stock, heavy cream & cauliflower and simmer.
- Add chopped thyme, pepper & salt then bring pot to a small boil to fully cook cauliflower pieces.
- When fully cooked use a blender/ immersion blender to cream up the soup then add shredded cheese stir until melted then serve.
From whole roast cauliflower with warm harissa hummus to the classic comforting side dish and a vibrant veggie curry or two, we have plenty of ideas for this versatile brassica. We serve this creamy soup when company's coming or just for a Saturday afternoon. The recipe can use either cauliflower or broccoli. UPDATE: I need to mention that I usually reserve some of the cauliflower pieces on the side before I blend, so I get a mixture of creaminess as well as. Add the cauliflower to a pot, along with three peeled cloves of garlic, the non-dairy milk and vegetable broth.