Beef and potato soup. Slow-cooker easy, this soup is a Christmas Eve tradition after church services at our house. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Hungarian Beef-and-Potato Soup. © Elizabeth Drago, Food Stylist Vivian Lui.
In both this soup and the chicken pot pie soup, I felt like the potatoes were added too late and didn't get cooked enough. Kansas City is famous for its wonderful beef restaurants and its steak soup. Our version of this regional favorite incorporates steakhouse staples: garlic, potatoes, green beans, onions and steak sauce. You can have Beef and potato soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and potato soup
- You need of soup.
- Prepare 2 lb of 93% lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of onion, small dice.
- It’s 2/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 32 oz of beef stock.
- Prepare 5 medium of potatoes, washed and cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 5 medium of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery ribs, chopped.
- You need 3 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Make the beef stew the night before, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate; reheat single servings in the microwave or a. Remove from oven; uncover and stir in potatoes. This hamburger soup is the perfect way to warm up this winter! I was desperately trying to use up potatoes before we went to the States for Christmas, I had some ground beef in my freezer and always those frozen veggies.
Beef and potato soup step by step
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in beef and onion and cook until beef is no longer pink. Because of the large amount of beef, cook in two batches..
- Remove all cooked beef from pan leaving any fat rendered..
- Add flour to pan and whisk in with the fats for 1 minute. Then whisk in stock until smooth..
- Bring to boil then turn heat to simmer. Add in all other ingredients except for half and half..
- Stir, cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Uncover and add in half and half. Heat thoroughly..
- Soup should have a thicker appearance but not as thick as a full cream soup..
The most important thing is to start with the right cut of meat. You want to buy chuck roast that Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. Traditionally, this soup would be made with cubes of beef, but when you want a quick weeknight dinner, who can wait for meat to braise? Variation: Use one cup of wide egg noodles instead of the potatoes. Sweet potatoes have been the "it" fresh produce at our fall table.