Beefy Cabbage rice soup. Heat olive oil in a pot and cook diced onion until translucent. Instant Pot Cabbage, Beef, and Rice Soup is a comforting fall or winter soup packed full of vegetables for a full meal in a bowl. Serve this with a loaf of crusty bread and some fresh butter, and you've got meals for days.
This soup is healthy and delicious and full of flavor! Beef and Cabbage Soup We have had quite the mild winter here in Utah. And last week, we got dumped with snow. You can cook Beefy Cabbage rice soup using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beefy Cabbage rice soup
- It’s 2 of pds ground Beef or choice ground meat like turkey or sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large head cabbage chopped.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice uncooked.
- It’s 2 cans of diced tomatoes any flavor/mild rotel 30 oz once mixed.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare As needed of diced bell pepper I used Tricolor.
- It’s As needed of tomato paste couple tsps.
- You need 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare As needed of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2-2 Teaspoon of red wine vinegar OR banana pepper juice.
- It’s 2 of whole mild pepperchino I let simmer in it.
- You need 1 1/2-2 Teaspoon of worchershire sauce.
- It’s As needed of chopped fresh oregano and cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of SMOKED Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of UNcooked chopped bacon.
- It’s As needed of Mrs Dash Italian Medley it has alot dried herbs.
- Prepare As needed of McCormick vegetable seasoning/celery flakes.
- It’s of To taste: salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- It’s 1 of small Pinch of crushed chili flakes.
This is a great soup I made in my new round Dutch oven pot on the stove. This Beefy Mexican Rice Soup is a hearty mixture of beef, rice, beans and corn. Your favorite burrito flavors…in an easy soup recipe ready in about an hour. Have you ever created your own soup from scratch?
Beefy Cabbage rice soup step by step
- Cook bacon in a large, round Dutch oven pot until it is crispy. Remove the bacon & drain all but about 2 Tbsp of the fat..
- Add the onion, bell pepper and sauté over medium heat until the onion is almost translucent. Add the ground meat/meats and cook through. Then the garlic, chili flakes, and cook another minute or so. Stir in tomato paste..
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, beef broth and vegetable stock, banana pepper juice or red wine vinegar, worchershire sauce, smoked paprika,OREGANO, McCormick vegetable seasoning/celery flakes, bay leaves, italian dash medley and rice and stir. Cover pot with lid, and bring it up to a full boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook the soup until the rice is fully cooked, and cabbage is soft. Remove bay leaf. Add bacon back, & season to taste.
It can seem intimidating to throw a bunch of ingredients and spices on a dutch oven and hope that it tastes good, but it can be fun to. Today's recipe is a tasty and comforting beef and cabbage soup made in the Instant Pot. One of the main ingredients is savoy cabbage, which has a delicate, sweet and slightly earthy flavour. The leaves, ranging from yellow-green to dark green in colour, are thin, tender, and distinctly crinkled. In large pot or dutch oven, brown beef and onion.