How to Cook Yummy Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono)
Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono). This Greek meatball soup (youvarlakia or giouvarlakia soup) is a classic delicacy made basically with meatballs (youvarlakia) and rice. The secret ingredient for this extra creamy Greek recipe for youvarlakia soup is the Avgolemono – an egg lemon sauce. Giouvarlakia is a Greek soup with meatballs using ground veal, pork or chicken, rice, herbs and spices cooked and thickened with a lemony avgolemono sauce.
Add this to the egg-lemon mixture, beating continuously. Place over VERY low heat, stirring in a S or X pattern (stirring round& round will cause sauce to curdle) until froth is almost broken down and. A delicious meal for the cold days and nights. You can have Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono) using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono)
- You need 500 grams of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium Egg.
- You need 1 of Onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of White Grain Rice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Dill diced.
- It’s 1 of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes chopped in cubes.
- You need 1 litre of Water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
You will really enjoy the savory meatballs bathed in a tangy egg-lemon sauce. A staple of Greek cooking, avgolemono (av-go-LE-mo-no) is a creamy egg-lemon sauce that is often added to meats, vegetables, and soups. View top rated Avgolemono egg lemon sauce recipes with ratings and reviews. In a large pot, bring the remaining stock and water to a boil.
Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon Sauce (Giouvarelakia me Augolemono) instructions
- 1) In a large bowl combine all the ingredients by hand, except for the egg and the lemon. juice. 2) Take a small piece of the meat mixture and make a small meatball. 3) Dip each meatball into flour and shake off the excess flour before putting into the water. 4) In a large sauce pot add water, carrot, potatoes and the meatballs, cook for 1 hour on low heat..
- 5) Whisk egg white, slowly add in the lemon juice along with about 50 ml of the hot soup. Continue to whisk add in the egg yolk. Once this sauce has slightly thickened add into the meatball soup and serve hot. It is a pretty simple soup once you get the whisking and boiling out of the way. 😉 Kali Orexi!!!.
Drop the meatballs into the boiling liquid, and lower the heat. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and add the lemon juice. While beating, add a few spoons of the hot stock into the yolks to temper them. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Greek Egglemon Meatball Soup Giouvarlakia Youvarlakia. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä.