Recipe: Tasty Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or "Coming from Rhode Island, a very ethnic state, this soup was traditionally served at Italian weddings. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! You can cook Italian Wedding Soup using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- It’s 1 of For the meatballs.
- You need 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3/4 lb of ground pork.
- You need 2/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 4 clove of gatlic minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oregeno.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of minced yellow onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 10 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Ditalini or other small pasta.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach washed and trimmed.
This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings.
Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° combine meatball ingredients in a bowl and stir gently with a fork. Form into 1 inch meatballs, place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake meatballs for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned..
- In the meantime for the soup heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven add the onion, carrots and celery and salt until softened 5 to 6 minutes. Stirring occasionally add the chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil .Add the pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the pasta is tender. Add the meatballs to the soup and simmer for one minute. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute until the spinach is just wilted. Served hot..
The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. Wedding soup is traditionally made from a rich, long-cooked homemade chicken stock. What you'll need to make Italian Wedding Soup. For the meatballs, my secret is to add ground sausage to the. Italian Wedding soup is a hearty, classic soup made on the stovetop!