Recipe: Appetizing Beefy lentil and veggie soup
Beefy lentil and veggie soup. Beefy Lentil Vegetable Soup Beefy Lentil Vegetable Soup. Cook on high heat until mixture comes to a boil for ten minutes. Lentil and Veggie Soup is a vegan "beefy" flavored soup that is both hearty and healthy.
I found this on another website and it has become a family favourite. It's easy, healthy, and freezes really well. What more could you ask for? You can have Beefy lentil and veggie soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beefy lentil and veggie soup
- Prepare 1 of lb. ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry green lentils, sorted and rinsed.
- You need 1 small of onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 2 medium of red potatoes diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk diced.
- Prepare 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of 8 oz. cans tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of beef boulion cube.
- It’s 1 of tomato boulion cube.
- Prepare 1 dash of of worchesire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of dried oregano to taste.
- It’s 1 of season salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
- You need 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 dash of sugar.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
The original recipe calls for a small tin of sliced mushrooms, but I find a lot of people don't like mushies, so I leave them out. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. This beefy lentil barley soup is so hearty and satisfying. It gets its beefy umami flavour from both green and red lentils, caramelized onions, and tomato.
Beefy lentil and veggie soup instructions
- Saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil just until onions are translucent. Add meat, worchesire, season salt, and pepper. Cook until meat is done then drain. Wipe excess oil from pot then put meat.mixture back in..
- Add lentils, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, tomato sauce, bullion cubes oregano, sugar, and water..
- Stir everything until mixed well and bring to a boil. Cut heat down, cover and simmer until all veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!!.
I love it because it uses simple ingredients and can be made with an easy method. In a large stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato juice, water, lentils, cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Season the soup, to taste, with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.