Recipe: Perfect Albondigas Soup
Albondigas Soup. It is our version of comfort food. This albondigas soup is made with beef and rice meatballs which are simmered in a seasoned tomato broth along with potatoes, carrots and zucchini. Homemade Albondigas Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican meatball Soup made of a comforting and nourishing broth and hearty herb-filled meatballs. Translated, albondigas means "meatball" in Spanish. Albondigas soup, or meatball soup, is the Mexican version of the classic meatball soup dish. You can cook Albondigas Soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Albondigas Soup
- Prepare 4 can of Beef Broth (32oz).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 large of white onion.
- You need 5 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 4 of celery.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
It features beef meatballs cooked in a very light and flavorful broth full of my favorite veggies. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs Albondigas Soup is make ahead friendly (tips and tricks included!) stores and reheats beautifully, is. An incredible Albondigas soup which is a traditional Mexican meatball soup loaded with vegetables and full of flavor. This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law.
Albondigas Soup step by step
- Fill large stock pot with 4 cans of Beef Broth 2 bay leaves and 2 cups water over med/low heat.
- Cut 4 carrots width wise into 1/4 inch disks and place into broth.
- Cut 4 stalk of celery width wise into 1/4 inch "c" shaped disks and place into broth.
- Finely chop 1 onion and add half to broth and set aside the other half for the meatballs.
- Add 1/2 cup rice in a seperate frying pan with vegetable oil over med heat until lightly browned, once browned add to broth.
- Coarsely shred 1 carrot and add to the ground beef along with the remaining 1 cup white rice, chopped onion,oregano,cumin,salt,ground black pepper,thyme,garlic powder,1/4 cup tomato sauce,and egg.
- Mix meat mixture thoroughly and break apart to form meatballs. two and a half inch size meatballs (should make apoximatly 16).
- Carefully drop meatballs into broth, place lid on pot and let cook over med/low heat for 40 minutes..
- Enjoy the soup. You should let the soup cool down a little before your first bite.
It's definitely one my favorite soups. Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried. Sopa de albóndigas, a traditional Mexican soup, features albondigas floating in a flavorful broth filled with vegetables and garnished with fresh herbs. Albondigas Soup – a hearty and warm Mexican meatball soup made with juicy, well-seasoned rice and beef meatballs simmered in a flavorful tomato-based broth along with some carrots, potatoes. This Albondigas Soup recipe is a hearty broth-based Mexican Meatball Soup, made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, that is super flavorful with seasoned meatballs, lots of vegetables, and a flavorful.