Recipe: Perfect Black Bean Taco Soup
Black Bean Taco Soup. This one pot creamy black bean taco soup has been a family favorite for years. And it is always a hit. And not quite a taco or tortilla soup.
It's a great way to get veggies into your diet and it's layered with those delicious Mexican flavors we crave. Finish it off with queso fresco and sliced avocado for even more. Stir in taco seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilis. You can have Black Bean Taco Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Bean Taco Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef, cooked, drained.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of 16.5 oz, sweet corn kernels, drained.
- You need 1 can of 15.5 oz, black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 can of 14.5 oz, diced tomatoes (with green chiles is optional).
- Prepare 1 can of 8 oz, tomatoe sauce.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of Tostitos Original Restaurant Style chips.
After cooking, let soup cool down and then dump into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag or other freezer container. This hearty black bean soup is what you need on a cold and dreary day! Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos Slow Cooker Taco Soup Tangy black bean and salsa verde tacos take only minutes to make and are flavorful and delicious! Great by itself, but also wonderful with tomatoes, avocado, cheese, etc.
Black Bean Taco Soup instructions
- Brown meat and onion in your soup pot. Drain. Put meat back in pot..
- Add taco seasoning and water according to the package and simmer for about 8 minutes..
- Add all the canned ingredients. Stir. Cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes..
- Serve. Top with sour cream and cheese if desired. Eat with tortilla chips. Enjoy..
- Directions for freezing: cook meat like instructed in steps 1-2, let cool. Dump meat and ingredients into a resealable gallon sized freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge 24 hours before. Cook in crockpot on High 1-2 hours, or on Low 2-3½ hours. Serve..
Black Bean Tacos Haiku: "A nostalgic meal. Cheap meal I made in college. Still a win for me!" "This hearty three-bean soup is very easy to fix," remarks Sharon Thompson of Hunter, Kansas. "You can add a can of green chilies if you like it hotter. I the Seasoning for Tacos mix from this site in place of packaged taco seasoning. I replaced kidney beans with black beans as we like them better.