You can have Lasagna Soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna Soup
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes (or fave pasta sauce).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 7 oz of broken pasta noodles (about 7 lasagna noodles broken).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of basil (dried).
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano (dried).
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary (dried).
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme (dried).
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley (chopped for garnish).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of dollop of ricotta (topping).
Lasagna Soup instructions
- In Dutch oven or pot, brown ground beef then drain and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent.
- Add tomato paste and cook 2 min.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and season with the herbs.
- Add meat back to pot and stir to incorporate everything.
- Add your broken pasta and add the salt and pepper to taste and the sugar.
- Let everything come to boil then reduce heat and cook about 10 min or until pasta cooked through.
- Top with a dollop of ricotta and parsley! 🙂 yum! ! (this is optional but so delish and makes it creamy).