Recipe: Delicious Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup.
You can cook Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
- You need of Ingredients.
- It’s 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- Prepare of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- It’s 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup step by step
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..