Recipe: Tasty Cabbage Roll Soup
Cabbage Roll Soup. If you love cabbage rolls, but don't love all the work involved, this quick cooking cabbage roll soup is for you! Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. The best Cabbage Roll Soup recipe!
A tasty new recipe to add to the dinner rotation! Cabbage Roll Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cabbage Roll Soup is my favorite way to enjoy cabbage rolls without all of the work! You can have Cabbage Roll Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Roll Soup
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of lg carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cups of packed chopped cabbage.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 (14.5 oz) of cans low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 3 (8 oz) of cans tomato sauce.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 Tbsp of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dried thyme or 2 1/2 tsp fresh.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dry long-grain white rice.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 of chopped fresh parsley.
Loads of cabbage, meat and rice in a flavorful tomato broth make the perfect comfort food! Cabbage Roll Soup is perfect for people who love to eat Cabbage Rolls, but don't have the time (or patience) to make them. This simple cabbage roll soup (stuffed cabbage soup) recipe is healthy, filling, and will keep you So. is this actually unstuffed cabbage roll soup, I wonder? Our family loves Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe and it has everything you need for a great meal.
Cabbage Roll Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in lg cast iron pot over medium-high heat..
- Add beef, season with salt & pepper & cook, stirring & breaking up the beef occasionally, until browned. Transfer beef to a plate lined with paper towels while reserving 2 Tbsp of the rendered fat in pan, set beef aside..
- Add onion & carrots to pan & saute 2 minutes, add garlic & saute 1 minute longer..
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire, paprika, oregano, thyme & bay leaves..
- Return beef to soup mixture..
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & bring to a light boil, then add rice, cover pot & reduce heat & simmer til rice is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes..
- Stir in up to 1 cup of water to thin as desired (it will thicken as it rests & become almost like stew), then stir in lemon juice & parsley.
- Serve warm..
If you love to make cabbage rolls, try this really easy unstuffed cabbage soup. That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Just a quick sauteing of beef and veggies, then everything gets dumped into the pot and. This Cabbage Roll Soup is a hearty, healthy and delicious dinner…and it tastes just like cabbage rolls!