How to Make Yummy Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta
Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta. Italian wedding soup is such a simple soup to make. The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like.
After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Italian wedding soup is a quick and hearty dinner that only looks like you worked long and hard to make it. Versions of the soup have been made all over the For this soup, you could also use tiny stubby pasta rings called ditalini, rice-shaped orzo, or the miniscule pasta grains called acini de pepe. You can have Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta
- You need 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- You need 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef.
- It’s 3 of whole medium carrots (sliced).
- You need 1 of whole medium yellow onion (diced).
- You need 2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of container/carton chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 package (10 oz) of frozen chopped spinach.
- It’s of Black Pepper * depending on your desired taste.
- It’s of Kosher Salt * depending on your desired taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of penne pasta (uncooked).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Shredded parmesan cheese.
The Italian Wedding Soup recipe is inspired from an array of Italian soups famous world-wide such as minestrone soup, Italian pasta soup etc. Pasta and/or Greens: I have used very small, star-shaped pasta which I add almost half way through cooking. If I was using regular pasta such as penne or. If you've ever made Italian wedding soup, you've seen how the tiny pasta spheres, known as pastina or acini di pepe, are almost magically inflatable.
Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, lipton onion soup mix, minced garlic, and diced onion; mix well. Shape into desired meatball sizes.
- Take a baking dish, and coat with cooking spray. Place meatball in baking dish, and cook for 20 mins (occasionally rotating meatballs).
- In a fry pan lightly saute' sliced carrots in olive oil. Make sure not to burn carrots..
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a dutch oven pot, and add penne pasta. Cook pasta until tender.
- Remove meatballs from oven, and drain on paper towel.
- Add package of frozen spinach in with boiling penne pasta, and reduce heat, and stir occasionally.
- Add sauteed carrots, and meatballs into dutch oven pot and stir.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 10 mins.
- When ready to eat garnish with shredded parmesan cheese..
If you are broth-averse, you can cook this soup the whole way through, adding the pasta before you portion it out and freeze it to let the pasta soak up all. Italian Wedding Soup recipe: Try this Italian Wedding Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Bring soup to a boil; add meatballs. A delicious and hearty soup made with bite size herbed beef and pork meatballs, veggies and acini If using one of those previously listed I'd recommend adding them along with the pasta as they'll need a longer cook time. The spinach cooks almost instantly whereas.