Recipe: Delicious Italian wedding soup with meatballs
Italian wedding soup with meatballs. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or spinach, orzo macaroni, and finely chopped carrot. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth.
This turkey version is lean, while meatballs stay moist by simmering in broth. Remove from the heat, and add. Italian wedding soup is affectionately called minestra maritata or "married soup". You can cook Italian wedding soup with meatballs using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup with meatballs
- It’s of For the meatballs:.
- You need 500 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of For the soup:.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 1-2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 l of diced tomatoes (canned of fresh).
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of small pasta.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of t.s. Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 2 l of chicken broth.
It begins with a savory chicken stock base followed by add-ins like For a gourmet twist, homemade turkey meatballs are broiled to add texture and flavor. The smaller-sized portions perfectly nestle into the soup spoon. Italian wedding soup is a quick and hearty dinner that only looks like you worked long and hard to make it. Versions of the soup have been made all over the How to Make Italian Wedding Soup.
Italian wedding soup with meatballs step by step
- Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, garlic and egg. Add minced beef and mix with your hands. Heat oil in the large stockpot. Cook onion, carrot and celery simultaneously until onion starting to turn translucent. Add diced tomatoes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add meatballs and boil at medium about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and simmer about 10 minutes..
- Add small pasta and cook 5-6 minutes. Mix in a bowl 2 eggs, grated Parmesan cheese. Add some pepper. Drizzle evenly across the top of he soup to create a thin layer. Cook about 2-3 minutes, then stir and switch heating off. Serve immediately..
- Video with my cooking of this soup https://youtu.be/AF4YyXkqysk?sub_confirmation=1.
Just shape ground pork and beef meatballs and simmer them in chicken stock, then add leafy greens and. A delicious and hearty soup made with bite size herbed beef and pork meatballs, veggies and acini de pepe pasta. Add carrots, onions and celery and saute until. Wedding Soup With Meatballs And Chicken Recipes. Italian Wedding SoupCulinary Concoctions by Peabody.