Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup. Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. This hearty unstuffed cabbage soup is based on my favorite stuffed cabbage recipe, but is much easier and faster to make. The tangy, slightly sweet, rich broth is one of our family's favorites.
That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Just a quick sauteing of beef and veggies, then everything gets dumped into the pot and. You can cook Unstuffed Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic OR 2 tsp garlic powder.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need of Dollop tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- It’s 1 of small head of cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 cup of or so water or 1 can beef broth.
This is a bit of a cross between a soup and a stew, but does it really matter? These Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls make the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup. Healthy Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe Nutrition Label.
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup step by step
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion, do not drain.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce and paste, uncooked rice, cabbage, salt and pepper and enough water and/or broth to just cover the cabbage.
- Bring to simmer then cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cabbage has softened and rice is tender.
- You may add more water or broth if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and get ready to serve seconds! LoL.
If you've tried a new spice variation leave. Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup from Deep South Dish blog. I made this in the Instant Pot but you can easily make this on the stove Keywords: cabbage bowl recipe, pressure cooker unstuffed cabbage rolls with rice, quick and easy. This unstuffed cabbage rolls soup with chicken and rice in a tomato broth is the ultimate weeknight hack on the classic stuffed cabbage rolls recipe, only with half the prep work and without sacrificing. Unstuffed cabbage soup has all the great flavors of cabbage rolls, without the fuss.