Recipe: Appetizing Cheeseburger Soup
Cheeseburger Soup. What can I substitute for the Velveeta and ground beef? Any low melting-point cheeses, such as Swiss and cheddar, can be substituted for the Velveeta. This Cheeseburger Soup recipe is a rich and cheesy bowl of comfort food made on the lighter side.
This is a rich soup in which ground beef is sauteed in butter with vegetables and herbs prior to Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. It's kinda like a vegetable beef soup, only with a little more. You can have Cheeseburger Soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp. of mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 2 of large potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- It’s 1 cup of milk (any kind).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Easy Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe – This low carb bacon cheeseburger soup recipe is like comfort in a bowl. Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup is a thick and hearty soup with chunks of ground beef, shredded carrots, sliced celery all cooked together in a creamy base topped with onions and bacon bits. A delicious, rich, broth loaded with beef then topped with bacon and cheese for amazing cheeseburger flavor. Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a hearty and creamy take on America's favorite cheeseburger.
Cheeseburger Soup instructions
- Start by heating the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat, season it lightly with salt and pepper, and cook it until it's browned throughout. Drain any excess fat, if needed, then remove the meat to a seperate plate, cover with foil and set it aside..
- Add the butter to the pot. Once it melts, add the onion, celery and shredded carrot. Cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir for another couple of minutes. Then sprinkle the flour over the top and cook and stir for another minute or two..
- Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the broth and seasonings. Let it come up to a low boil, then stir the meat back in, along with the potatoes. Reduce the heat back down to medium-low and let this simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Then stir in the milk and the shredded cheese, stirring to incorporate and melt the cheese in..
- Let it come back up to temperature and taste it to see if it needs any additional seasoning. That's it! Serve it straightaway and enjoy!.
The soup is full of flavor, easy to make and comforting. So incredibly creamy and flavorful, this soup is. Cheeseburger Soup is a cheesy and easy soup recipe with all the flavors of a cheeseburger! Top it with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and croutons for a fun dinner that your kids will love! Cheeseburger Soup is incredibly creamy, flavorful, and the perfect comfort soup.