Sweet stuffed pepper soup. Stuffed pepper soup with ground turkey, bell peppers, rice and tomatoes! Easy to prepare and Stuffed pepper soup has all the flavors of a stuffed pepper, but deconstructed and ready with far less effort. Denise Bustard is the creator of Sweet Peas and Saffron, a meal prep-focussed food blog.
Stuffed Pepper Soup has everything you love about stuffed peppers – bell peppers, ground beef Stuffed Pepper Soup. I love soup weather and the convenience of making a big pot of soup that Pingback: Spring Brings Sweet Peppers, Asparagus & Peas to FMBM! at Bay Meadows: San Mateo. Stuffed Pepper Soup – all the flavors of a stuffed bell pepper in easy, hearty and comforting soup form! You can cook Sweet stuffed pepper soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet stuffed pepper soup
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare of Sweet peppers diced or any kind of bell peppers.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 oz with green chili.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 3 of bouillon cubes chicken or beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used minced garlic).
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayanne pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Hot sauce optional.
- It’s of Add some cut jalapeño for more heat.
- It’s of Cheese for the top, I used cheddar, but any cheese will work.
- You need of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Any kind of rice will work I use Instant rice, make as much or little as you need.
This easy soup tastes just like stuffed peppers. With ground beef, rice, and plenty of green bell peppers, you'll have a hearty meal all in one pot. My husband first tasted stuffed pepper soup in a resturant and we both loved it. I checked allrecipes.com and found this one and feel like I hit a jackpot.
Sweet stuffed pepper soup step by step
- Turn your Instant pot to the saute setting. Or just brown the hamburger on the stove top..
- Brown hamburger meat, then the drain grease, put back in pot add onions and cut peppers, then add dry seasoning, cook till the onions and peppers are to your liking, or soft..
- Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine..
- Then set the pressure to 6 minutes. Quick release when done..
- Make the rice while you are waiting. (I used a rice cooker).
- Stir before serving..
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice, top it with cheddar cheese.
- Notes- you don’t want to add the rice to the soup mixture, because the rice will just soak it up. If you have any leftovers, put the rice in it’s own Container. I used whatever spices I had on hand and made to taste, measurements I was guessing, and I used some other spices I can’t even remember, use what you have and like… same with the peppers. I had sweet peppers and I needed to do something with them before they went bad, just use what you like, and have on hand..
Soup Recipes are my favorite to make in the Instant Pot. Usually, they are the easiest and take less time and This hearty soup is made with browned ground beef, rice, bell peppers, tomatoes, and dried herbs. It tastes like a delicious stuffed pepper, without. I use red and green peppers but you can use whatever you have on hand. This stuffed pepper soup is a hearty meal loaded with ground beef, onions, rice and bell peppers in a tomato based broth.