Recipe: Appetizing Purple Cabbage soup
Purple Cabbage soup.
You can cook Purple Cabbage soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Purple Cabbage soup
- It’s 1/2 cup of moong.
- You need 3 cups of purple cabbage, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil, preferably.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1 tsp of methi seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of asafoetida (hing).
- Prepare 1.2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 2 inches of ginger, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of cardamom freshly powdered.
- You need 1 tsp of cloves, ground.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon, freshly ground.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cashew nuts.
Purple Cabbage soup step by step
- Make a checklist. Collect all required ingredients; keep the ingredients within your reach.
- Cook moong with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker..
- Prepare the coconut paste. Blend coconut, ginger, garlic, green chiles and cilantro with water in a blender to make the paste In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat, temper mustard, fennel and asafetida. Sauté onions- about 3 minutes; stir in kasthuri methi, methi, turmeric powder, and curry leaves., about 2 minutes. Add the cooked moong. Add 4 cups of water, bring it to boil, add cabbage and bell pepper; then simmer the heat cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the pastes to the vegetables cooking in the saucepan, whisk; bring the soup to boil. Turn of the heat. Add coconut milk, whisk. If the soup is too thick, add boiling water. Salt to taste. Stir in cardamom, Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg powders. Garnish with cashews; Taste before serving to make sure that the soup meets with your approval.