Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup
Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup. I came across this recipe years ago at a recipe exchange through a church group. The contributor didn't sign her name, so I don't know who to thank. But my husband and son thank me for preparing it by helping themselves to seconds and thirds!
I like ground beef in soup, but I don't like the flavor of beef fat so I like to rinse the cooked ground beef with VERY HOT water before I use it in Cook the soup until the barley is done but still slightly chewy, then stir in the balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.. This classic beef barley recipe is healthy comfort food that the whole family can enjoy in the fall and winter months. Here's a soup that is not too thin and It's a hearty combination of vegetables, ground beef, and barley with a taste that will bring back memories. You can have Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of bell peppers: red, yellow, & orange.
- It’s 1/2 cup of barley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 48 oz of beef broth.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Serve this warm with a rustic loaf of bread. Beef Barley Soup – A comforting hearty bowl of soup made with carrots, celery, onions, lean beef and pearl barley. Add the barley, adjust the salt if needed and add fresh ground pepper. See, ground beef barley soup is the best!
Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup instructions
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan with olive oil. Meat should be in small pieces..
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into 1 inch pieces..
- Add the bell peppers, barley, beef broth, ground beef, stewed tomatoes, rosemary, and parsley into a large pot. Place the pot onto the stove and bring all ingredients to a boil then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer until done. How long you cook it depends on how well done you like your vegetables. I cook it for 30 minutes because I like crispy vegetables..
Love mushrooms in beef barley soup? In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Add the kale, sherry vinegar, and parsley and stir. Ground beef is cooked and crumbled first in a skillet on the stove-top and then added to the slow cooker with a frozen mixed vegetables, corn, tomato juice and diced potatoes and cooked until everything is cooked.