Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Masala Soup
You can have Masala Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Masala Soup
- You need of Small knob of butter (or double up the oil of you want to keep it vegan).
- You need 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- It’s 1 of level tsp nigella seeds.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of sundried tomatoes (can use plum or cherry if not available), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tablespoon tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of leek – finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of cube fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 2 of medium white potatoes, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 2 of medium parsnips, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 litre of veg stock – I use bouillon (which can be vegan and low salt).
- Prepare 1 cup of tinned coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of mango chutney (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Squeeze of lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain, full fat yoghurt.
Masala Soup step by step
- Melt the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the nigella seeds, cinnamon and garam masala and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes..
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Whilst the garlic is cooking, whizz up the sundried tomatoes, tomato puree, leek and ginger in a blender with a dash of boiling water. You could just grind it all together in a pestle and mortar if you dont have a blender small enough..
- Add this paste to the pan and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add 2 tbsps of coconut milk and mix with the paste. Mix in all your chopped veg and stir well. Cook for a few minutes, stirring..
- Now add your stock and the rest of the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 20 minutes, or until your veg are soft..
- Add a heaped tsp of mango chutney and whizz your soup with a hand blender until it is completely smooth – I think this soup is best without any lumps!.
- Add the lime juice, yoghurt and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and serve in a warm bowl with some lovely bread – or maybe a small, warm naan bread..