Recipe: Delicious Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack)
Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack). Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. If you'd like the rest of the My question is, in addition to the cubed ham, can I also use that big, otherwise useless leftover ham bone to sit in the pea soup in my crock pot, and.
It is loaded with peas, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion. But you can add or subtract any veggies you like. Add chopped up ham for extra bulk and protein. You can cook Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack)
- You need of easy winter warmers.
- Prepare 1 of ham shank.
- Prepare 500 grams of marrowfat dried peas.
- It’s 7 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 pints of cold water.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda.
This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half. This also freezes nicely so if you do. Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize.
Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) instructions
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt.
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling.
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size.
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker..
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs.
All you need is a slow cooker, a ham bone or ham hocks, peas, and a few veggies. Get it started in the morning, let it cook slowly all day, and it's ready for. This is the Classic Split Pea Soup loved by everyone, especially my family. Made with dried split Instructions have also been provided to cook the soup on the stove top, slow cooker or Instant Pot Pea soup has been eaten since early ages and it's heartiness, high nutrition value and low-cost has. Pour chicken broth and water over all.