How to Prepare Delicious 'Better than it looks' Split pea and ham soup
'Better than it looks' Split pea and ham soup. See related links to what you are looking for. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Once peas are soaked, add ham bone, onion, salt, pepper and marjoram.
I've always said that Lentil Soup is the least sexy looking soup in the world. If you buy one, you'll find it looks a lot neater than a scrappy leftover leftover ham bone from a Best Pea and Ham soup recipe! Easy to make and so tasty. You can have 'Better than it looks' Split pea and ham soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 'Better than it looks' Split pea and ham soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried split peas.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of ham, shredded, chopped, whatever.
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s of 'Flavouring' (I used a tablespoon of leftover casserole liquid).
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stick, chopped.
- It’s of Black pepper and the like.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil or something similar.
Reminded me of my Nanna's which was. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. I used smoked ham hocks which give the soup such a great smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham.
'Better than it looks' Split pea and ham soup instructions
- Soak your peas overnight or to packet instructions..
- Add oil to the pan and cook onion and celery until soft, add pepper..
- Add the stock and 'flavouring' to the pan along with the peas..
- Cook for an hour or less depending on how firm you like the peas. 1 hour should be broken down quite well. Be careful of sticking..
This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. You literally add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and then walk away while it cooks up one of the most fabulous, heart-warming, and rich split pea soups you've ever had the fortune to eat. And, remember, I grew up on. Ham bone split pea soup is the pinnacle of split pea soups and it's probably because you don't get it that often. All colour aside, this is one of my favourite soups in the whole You might like yours more soupy than I, so at the end feel free to add in more chicken stock until it is the right consistency for you.