Easiest Way to Make Perfect Butternut squash soup
Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. You can have Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash.
- It’s 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- You need 180 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare of coconut cream for garnish.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut squash soup instructions
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
- Enjoy your soup :).
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. If there's one thing you should be eating more of this fall, it's butternut squash soup (the homemade kind, of course). This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños for a fiery kick! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall.