Recipe: Tasty Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham
Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham. Slow-Cooker Heavenly Ham and Bean SoupPillsbury.com. Leftover Hambone Soup – Use up your leftover hambone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! With a simple homemade ham stock, you could create such a cozy, hearty soup with ingredients you already have on hand.
White Bean and Ham Soup Recipe, from the lovely Elise at Simply Recipes. Braised Smoked Ham Shank with Beans and Rice. Our recipe for red beans and rice is flavored with ham hocks or ham bones, along with optional sliced andouille sausage and aromatic vegetables. You can have Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham
- You need 400 g of red kidney beans.
- You need 300 g of smoked ham, cut to small pieces.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 2 of large parsnips.
- It’s of salt (bear in mind the ham is already salted).
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare of chilli (optional).
- You need of sour cream (optional).
- It’s of For the pasta:.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need of flour.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare pinch of turmeric.
Add some leftover diced ham or crumbled bacon to the dish if you have it. The beans are served over rice with browned smoked sausage, or add the sliced. This dish is one of the most popular comfort foods in Hungary. It is named after Mór Jókai, a Hungarian writer, because it was his favorite dish.
Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham instructions
- In a large saucepan soak red kidney beans in cold water 6 -8 hours or over night. In the same water boil the beans gently until half cooked, then add the smoked ham, and sliced vegetables. Simmer until almost cooked. In the meantime prepare your pasta. Combine flour, egg, pinch of salt, and pinch of turmeric and Knead it into a firm dough. Grate the pasta (sprinkle with flour often so it won't stick), spread out on a towel or plate, and let it dry..
- Finely chop onion and crush garlic fry both in oil until golden, then add flour and stir continuously for a minute or two be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and sprinkle with paprika powder, add a little water and pour it into the boiling soup. Let it simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, by this time the soup is cooked. Next, add the pasta and cook until pasta is soft. Season to taste add chilli if like it hot and serve with a little sour cream (optional) and sliced bread roll. Enjoy..
After the soup was done cooking I used a potato masher to mash it up a little and make it creamier. I would make this again if I had leftover ham to use up. Red kidney bean soup is hearty and healthy, and in some households, it is made every Saturday. I remember when I was growing up, my aunt would make soup every Saturday. Some of the soup dishes were chicken soup, beef soup, gongo peas soup, and of course the red pea soup.