Pot Liquor Soup. With collards, ham hocks, and red potatoes, this pot liquor soup is southern comfort all the way. Pot Likker Soup makes a delicious and filling meal. Made of pot likker (or pot liquor), the cooking liquid from collards or turnip greens, along with other vegetables and ham.
I love Southern style collard greens and green beans and tonight I actually remembered to save the pot liquor instead of throwing it down the sink. I know that many just drink it, are you a guzzler? Quick, delicious, and filling Pot Likker Soup. You can cook Pot Liquor Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Liquor Soup
- It’s of soup.
- It’s 2 lb of fresh collard greens.
- It’s 3/4 lb of smoked ham hocks.
- It’s 1 of 1 1/2 lb. ham steak, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 medium of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 6 of red potatoes,diced.
- Prepare 3 can of (14 1/2-oz) chicken broth.
- It’s 2 can of (15.8-oz) field peas with snaps, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 2 can of (15.8-oz) crowder peas, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vermouth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
If you like southern greens, you'll LOVE this EASY Now, I'm going to go ahead and stop you before you try to tell me that it's "pot liquor" instead of "potlikker." This Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe is easy to make, lightened up a bit, yet still so rich and creamy Also known as Chicken Pot Pie Soup. The inspiration for this simple soup recipe obviously came. It's fun on both fronts: the creamy chicken pot pie soup made in the slow cooker (with heart puff pastries! adorable!) AND this new thing we did this month and it's called the Reader Recipe, which is. Chicken Pot Pie Soup-this easy, creamy chicken pot pie soup is made from scratch and the This soup tastes like chicken pot pie, but with half the effort.
Pot Liquor Soup instructions
- remove and discard stems and discolored spots; rinse with cold water..
- drain; tear into 1" pieces.
- bring collards, ham hocks, and water to a boil, covered, in a large Dutch oven. remove from heat; drain. repeat procedure once.
- toss together chopped ham and hot sauce; cook in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or til browned.
- add onion and garlic; saute til tender. stir in collards, ham hocks, potatoes, and remaining ingredients . bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 mi utes.
- remove meat from hocks; discard hocks. return meat to soup.
- to shorten time, I use frozen greens..
It is made in a big pot on the stove and can. The noun pot liquor can be countable or uncountable. If you know what pot liquor is, then you have probably just identified yourself as either being from the country, or having some agrarian connections. Mediterranean Instant Pot Soup recipe with chickpeas, vegetables, fresh herbs & warm spices. Easy Instant Pot soup with chickpeas, chopped veggies, fresh herbs, and just the right combination of.