Recipe: Appetizing Bob's bean soup
Bob's bean soup. This dried navy bean soup is made with a ham bone, cubed ham, carrots, onion, celery and bay I am an Appalachian "kid" and bean soup was a staple in our family. Bob chorba (or bob chorpa) is a hearty and comforting traditional Bulgarian bean soup that is This soup is typically prepared with dry beans, onions, tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers and spearmint. Bean soup in Bulgaria is a "national" dish.
Made with ham shanks, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cumin, and chili. I save a little time by making this soup in the Instant Pot. Black bean soup, a healthy, hearty, satisfying and comforting meal or side dish. black bean soup. You can cook Bob's bean soup using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bob's bean soup
- You need 1 lb of dried navy beans.
- It’s 1 lb of ham, preferably with bone in.
- You need 1 large of russett baking potato, peeled and quartered.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of fresh black pepper.
Black beans are my favorite beans in the whole world and I tried them just a few years ago thanks to. Customize the soup with your favorite vegetables or herbs. As Bob says, remember "anything acidic will prevent the beans from softening, so wait until the beans are completely cooked before added. It was a classic Italian cannellini bean soup.
Bob's bean soup step by step
- put beans in large bowl and cover with 3 times their volume of cold water. soak overnight in cool place.
- drain beans and transfer to large pot or dutch oven..
- add 10 cups water and ham.
- bring to simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cook until beans are tender about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- transfer ham to plate to cool slightly, then remove from bone and dice meat.
- return meat to pot.
- meanwhile cover the potatoes with water in saucepan and season with salt.
- bring to boil over medium high , then reduce heat and simmer until potato is fork tender, 20 or 25 minutes.
- drain the potato, transfer to bowl with the milk and mash until smooth.
- add mashed potato to bean soup and stir until combined.
- with melted butter in large skillet over medium heat add onion, celery garlic and parsley cooking until vegetables are translucent.
- then add vegetable mixture to soup, reduce heat to low and cook 1 hour adding up to 2 more cups water if too thick.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Alternative…. use 1 to 2 cups mashed potatoes and skip using russet potato.
The soup itself was deceivingly simple, flavored with I've been using Bob's Red Mill products for years and years – and am so proud to be working with. Hurst Co. in the United States. Amish preaching soup – in American cuisine.. Bean Soup With Spinach And Elbow Pasta, Tuscan Bean Soup, Southwestern Pork And Bean Creamy White Bean Soup with Spinach and Bacon (vegetarian option)Back to the Book Nutriton. great bean soup.!! A version of this classic bean soup has been served in the U.