How to Make Yummy Baked potato soup
Baked potato soup. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux. The baked potato soup will keep for about five days, and reheats well either in the microwave or over low heat on the stovetop. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place on a baking sheet.
Though the recipe has humble beginnings, restaurants across the country took notice and to this day, it remains a popular menu item and is frequently added into the soup du jour rotation. When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily. Baked Potato Soup takes all of the comforting goodness of a fully loaded baked potato and turns it into a belly warming soup!. You can cook Baked potato soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked potato soup
- Prepare 2/3 cup of margarine.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 7 cup of cups of milk.
- It’s 4 large of baked potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 4 of green onions or 1 reg. onion chopped.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (or Velveeta).
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 7 cup of milk.
- It’s 7 slice of slices of bacon or ham.
A rich and creamy soup with loaded with cheddar cheese and topped with all of our favorite toppings we add to traditional Baked Potatoes!. Loaded Baked Potato Soup Perfect Potato Soup Potato soup.the way I love it! Simple, delicious, and warms your soul. This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course.
Baked potato soup instructions
- 1. Place bacon in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside..
- 2. in a stock pot, or Dutch oven, melt margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently..
- 3. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 min. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted..
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. How to Make Potato Soup Combine diced potatoes, carrots, celery and onions with chicken broth in a pot and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Cheesy potato soup, loaded baked potato soup, sweet potato soup—we have a recipe for every potato soup recipe you could ever want.