How to Cook Appetizing Ham And Bean Soup
Ham And Bean Soup. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite recipes on the website, and one that my father has been making for the family for decades. He makes a big batch (doubles this one) and because it just gets better as the days go by, we'll enjoy it for dinner one night and then for lunch for several days afterward. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day.
Nana's Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup Recipe: A simple, yet utterly tempting, ham and bean soup recipe is a great way to use your leftover holiday ham bone. Navy beans or cannellini beans would work well in this soup; just test a bean for doneness at the end of the cook time to make sure they are tender. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. You can have Ham And Bean Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham And Bean Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Dried navy beans.
- It’s 2 medium of onions.
- You need 2 tsp of Canola oil.
- You need 2 of Celery ribs, chopped.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 cup of Fully cooked cubed ham.
- It’s 1 cup of Mashed potatoes, without milk and butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded carrot.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Meaty ham bone or 2 smoked ham hocks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Minced fresh parsley.
But when you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot, you'll be in for a real treat! The time to make a huge batch like this is literally under an hour and a half, but without sacrificing flavor and texture. This ham and bean soup is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes! This Instant Pot soup tastes like it cooked all day, but it's ready in less than two hours!
Ham And Bean Soup instructions
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid..
- In the same pan, saute onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery; cook until tender. Stir in the beans, water, ham, potatoes, carrot, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaves. Add ham bone. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender..
- Discard bay leaves. Remove ham bone; and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove ham from bone and cut into cubes. Discard bone. Return ham to soup; heat through. Garnish soup with parsley. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts)..
Big thanks to Hurst's Beans for sponsoring this post. Can I Freeze Ham and Bean Soup? Yes, this soup is a great candidate for freezing! Simply chill the soup completely in the refrigerator overnight before transferring How to Make Ham and Bean Soup – Step by Step Photos. Before you begin, dice one yellow onion, peel and slice three carrots, slice.