Recipe: Appetizing 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup
'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. Removed ham bone and bay leaves, and cook uncovered for last hour on low. This classic Pea Soup recipe is made with a meaty ham bone, carrots, onions, potatoes, and has a thick and flavorful broth.
It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful. You can cook 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 lb of dry green peas.
- Prepare 2 quart of stock.
- It’s 2 stick of celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ham hock.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of 1bay leaf.
Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. For a slightly thicker split pea soup, remove about a cup of cooked soup, blend until smooth and then add it back into the pot. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave!
'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup instructions
- Heat cooking pot with olive oil (med). Chopped onion, celery, and carrots and add to cooking pot..
- Saute veggies for 10 mins, add stock/broth, bay leaf, and ham hock..
- Bring broth to boil, then simmer on med low for 60 mins or until lentils are soft..
- When lentils are soft, remove bay leaf(s). Remove ham hocks and set aside to cool..
- Pour cooking pot contents into a drainer to allow the liquid to separate from the lentil and veggies..
- Put lentils and veggies into a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add some of the drained out liquid. Chop ham and add to soup..
Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. I used smoked ham hocks which give the soup such a great smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham. This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and I was just in the middle of making this soup and boiled the broth on the stove and then slowly poured it into Emeril's Slow-Cooker Split-Pea Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Freezing Split Pea and Ham Soup: Portion the soup into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers or fill an airtight container as much as possible (to To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the. Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea.