How to Cook Delicious Crockpot Split Pea Soup
Crockpot Split Pea Soup. Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. This soup freezes well, so make a batch and save extra for later.
Pour broth over and add ham bone. This slow-cooker version of split-pea soup is as easy as it gets and is packed with healthy fiber and protein. Serve it with crusty bread and you've got a soul-warming meal ready to go. You can have Crockpot Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Split Pea Soup
- It’s 2 cup of dried green split peas.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 2 of stalks of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 large of ham hocks.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed potatoes, opt.
I love using smoked ham hocks in pea soup, it gives the soup a wonderful smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham bone, ham steak or even smoked turkey leg instead. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup. This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies!
Crockpot Split Pea Soup step by step
- Wash and sort split peas..
- Add everything to crockpot except for mashed potatoes..
- Cook on low for six to eight hours..
- When veggies are tender, take out ham hocks, remove meat, and add meat to soup. Add mashed potatoes to soup to thicken. If you do not have mashed potatoes, you can puree two cups of soup when warm..
It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. Very little prep, just layer in crock pot/slow cooker, leave it for the day and a filling, delicious soup will be ready for dinner. This recipe is a very versatile base split pea soup.