Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty ham and potato soup
ham and potato soup. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. Deliciously creamy Ham and Potato Soup is so EASY to make! The perfect way to use up your ham leftovers.
Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and sour The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to. This ham and potato soup is made with diced ham, Russet potatoes, carrots, celery and white cheddar cheese, all in a thick and creamy broth. An easy dinner option that's hearty, comforting and quick to make! You can have ham and potato soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ham and potato soup
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/3 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/3 cup of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of ham, cooked, diced.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken bouillan granules.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
Made with diced ham and potatoes this soup is thick, creamy and so easy to make! With a potato masher, mash the potatoes a bit to thicken the soup, don't worry about the ham chunks. Don't mash too much, you want to have some potato and veggie chunks for texture! Seriously, this delicious recipe is everything I love in a warm soup during the wintertime.
ham and potato soup instructions
- combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in stock pot; cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender; stir in chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- in seperate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; wisk in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until thick (appoximately 1 minute); slowly stir in milk to avoid clumps; stir over medium-low heat until thick (4-5 minutes).
- stir milk mixture into stock pot; cook until hot.
It's nice and rich and creamy (using only milk, no heavy cream). It's chock-full of veggies and garlic and lots of golden potatoes. It's the perfect use for leftover ham (or even bacon) after a big holiday meal. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness.