Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Bean Soup.
You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- You need 1 lb of dry navy beans.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery.
- You need 10 cup of water.
- You need 4 cup of fully cooked ham.
- It’s 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of meaty ham bone.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley.
Ham and Bean Soup step by step
- Place beans in a Dutch oven, add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid..
- In the same pan, saute the onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery, cook until tender. Stirr in beans, water, ham, potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper, and bay leaves. Add ham bone. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Discard bay leaves..
- Remove ham bone. Remove ham from ham bone and cut into chunks. Discard bone and return ham to the soup. Garnish with parsley..