How to Prepare Delicious White Bean and Ham Soup
White Bean and Ham Soup.
You can cook White Bean and Ham Soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Bean and Ham Soup
- You need 2 can of Northern White Beans.
- Prepare 4 large of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Onion, peeled and sliced (or diced).
- You need 1 packages of ham steak, uncooked, cubed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of white pepper, to taste.
White Bean and Ham Soup step by step
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions and carrots in butter (or oil) until soft. Onion should be transparent..
- Add your choice of chicken broth or water (about 4 quarts, though you can use more or less, depending on how soupy you like), bring to a gentle boil..
- Add uncooked ham and bring to a simmer..
- In a separate bowl, drain and mash one can of beans. Drain the other can but leave them whole..
- Add beans, bay leaf and white pepper..
- Return to light boil for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove bay leaf and serve with salad or bread..