Recipe: Appetizing Creamy Potato Ham Soup
Creamy Potato Ham Soup.
You can have Creamy Potato Ham Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Ham Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery, thinly sliced.
- You need 6 cup of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, diced.
- You need 2 cup of ham, cooked & diced.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 quart of half-and-half or milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse salt.
- Prepare dash of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 3 oz of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 4 of pieces bacon, crumbled.
Creamy Potato Ham Soup step by step
- Add butter to stockpot. Heat over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until onion is soft and translucent..
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, ham, and chicken broth.Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, but do not boil. If you prefer a thicker soup – puree some of the potatoes in a blender with the soup broth. Return the potatoes to the soup and stir..
- Stir in half-and-half or milk, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 – 15 minutes or until heated through..
- Top individual soup servings with shredded cheese and bacon crumbles..