Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Ham and Split Pea Soup
Ham and Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Ham and Split Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Split Pea Soup
- It’s 2 T of Butter.
- You need 1/2 of Onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 of Celery ribs (diced).
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic (sliced).
- It’s 1 qt of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2 1/2 C of Water.
- It’s 1 lb of Dried Split Peas (rinsed).
- It’s 1 lb of Ham (cubed).
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Ham and Split Pea Soup step by step
- Cook onion, celery, and garlic in butter over med-low heat until onions are translucent (not brown).
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir together. Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender and soup is thickened (about 1 hour & 15 min).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..