Recipe: Perfect Lentil and Ham soup
Lentil and Ham soup. A leftover meaty ham bone or ham hock flavors this tasty lentil soup. It makes an excellent lunch when the soup is with a sandwich or salad (or just enjoyed in a big The soup lends itself to a variety of different seasonings. All Reviews for Slow Cooker Lentil and Ham Soup.
A bricklayer, he regularly works outside during winter. —Andi Haug, Hendrum, Minnesota. This ham bone and lentil soup is perfect for the stove, the pressure cooker, or the crockpot, depending on what you want to use. All the ways to make Ham and Lentil Soup: On the stovetop, in the crockpot, or in a modern pressure cooker, I've got you covered! You can have Lentil and Ham soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil and Ham soup
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of dried lentil.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked diced ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced celery.
- You need 8 of tsps of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth (low sodium).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to taste of onion powder.
- Prepare of pepper to taste1/2 tsp oregano.
I also add rice (any kind, but the short sweet brown rice is great) or barley, which is my favorite for it's thickening powers. Risi e Bisi, Italian Rice and Peas. Lentil Soup With Ham Crock Pot Recipes. Red Lentil Ham Carrot SoupReluctant Entertainer.
Lentil and Ham soup step by step
- Mix lentil, carrots, celery and ham in large pot. Season with onion powder, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in water, broth, and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until lentils are tender..
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve immediately with bread..
Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat. If you want to add a little bit of meat into this soup, you may do so by adding pork shoulder, ham hock or even bacon. Keep tasting the lentils as they cook to see. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.