Recipe: Tasty split pea and ham soup
split pea and ham soup. I did a few things my old way such as simmered my ham. Freezing Split Pea and Ham Soup: Portion the soup into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers or fill an airtight container as much as possible (to To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the. Use leftover ham to make split pea soup prep even easier.
Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well if you want to make freezer meals. This split pea and ham soup slow cooker recipes seriously couldn't be any easier. You literally add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and then walk away while it cooks up one of the most fabulous, heart-warming, and rich split pea soups you've ever had the fortune to eat. You can have split pea and ham soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of split pea and ham soup
- Prepare of pea and ham soup.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 of bacon hock.
- You need 1 packages of green split pea.
- You need 1 large of onion.
And, remember, I grew up on. This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Purchased split peas at Whole Foods- out of dispenser (not pre-packaged) and they cooked perfectly, in accordance with recipe. This is the Classic Split Pea Soup loved by everyone, especially my family.
split pea and ham soup instructions
- slice around bacon hock skin with sharp knife to look like cubes.
- dice onion.
- dice potatoes small 1cm.
- chop onions 1cm.
- add bacon hock , carrots , potatoes , onions and salt to large pot cover with water about 2cm and put lid on check and stir frequently.
- when meat falls of bone add green split pea pack.
- keep checking and stirring until green and creamy can add more water as you go along.
Made with dried split peas and cooked with flavorful ham, split pea soup is warm, so satisfying, and great for leftovers. For a different spin on split pea soup, try this recipe. The flavor is peppery rather than smoky. —Barbara Link, Rancho Cucamonga, California. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea.