Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Cabbage Soup with Ham
Cabbage Soup with Ham. Cabbage soup may not sound like the most exciting meal, but trust me this version with ham, carrots, and onions is delicious! Cabbage soups are popular around the world and became very popular thanks to the cabbage soup diet. This recipe isn't necessarily a diet recipe, but it is nutritious, low.
It's a key ingredient in this soup that adds instant flavor with minimal effort! Here I added some vegetables, potatoes and cabbage, there are no beans but you can add. I decided to chop the potatoes a little more chunky than a dice for this soup. You can cook Cabbage Soup with Ham using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Soup with Ham
- It’s 1 of large Onion, large dice.
- You need 5 of ribs Celery, sliced.
- It’s 8 of Carrots, sliced.
- You need 7 of cups Water.
- It’s 4 of Chicken Bullion Cubes.
- It’s 1 of Leftover Ham, large dice.
- Prepare 1 of tsp. Thyme.
- You need 1 of tsp. Pepper.
- It’s 1 of large head Cabbage, bite size chopped.
Crockpot (or Stovetop) Ham and Cabbage Soup with Red Bell PepperKalyn's Kitchen. This healthy ham and cabbage soup is a mix of carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, cabbage and ham, all simmered together in a savory broth. A quick and easy comforting meal that's full of flavor! When I'm looking for an easy, cozy recipe idea, I turn to veggie loaded soups like cauliflower soup, chicken.
Cabbage Soup with Ham step by step
- Soften onion in large pot with alittle fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except cabbage. Bring to boil..
- Lower heat, boil gently until vegs. soften (about 1 hr.)..
- Add cabbage. Boil gently until soft. About 1 hr..
- Serve with crusty buttered bread..
Ham, Potato & Cabbage Soup. to favorites. This ham and cabbage soup recipe is a family favorite. It's the perfect dish to make after a big ham dinner. Use the hambone to make a flavorful stock. You might also love this low carb creamy pumpkin, kale and sausage soup!